TEEN ARTS COUNCIL
EVERSON TEEN ARTS COUNCIL
It is with great excitement that The Everson Museum of Art announces the launch our new Everson Teen Arts Council (ETAC) Fall 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity for teens from Onondaga County to work directly with an arts organization to gain valuable experience to add to their resume, work directly with museum professionals and professional artists, and learn about future career paths. ETAC is a year-long commitment and students receive a stipend to participate.
What is ETAC?
The Everson Teen Arts Council is a partnership between the Everson and teens from Onondaga County, offering a safe platform for teens to share their voice, work with their peers and engage with the greater community. The Teen Arts Council provides teens with dynamic leadership opportunities to create meaningful and relevant programs and exhibitions, while giving teens space to explore identity, build skills and prepare for college and careers.
WHO CAN JOIN ETAC?
The Everson is looking for enthusiastic, creative, and thoughtful juniors and seniors to serve on ETAC. ETAC will meet throughout the school year to plan and execute programs for area teens and more.
• Members receive a stipend
• Complimentary one-year Membership to the Museum
• Meet teens with similar interests
• Opportunity to showcase your own artwork
• Learn about the museum field
• Portfolio development
• Plan exhibitions
• Meet professional artists
• Plan teen events at the Museum
TO APPLY, YOU MUST BE
• Onondaga County resident
• Beginning junior or senior year of High School Fall 2017
• Interested in the arts- visual arts, music, spoken word, dance, theatre, etc. - or museums and cultural organizations. Applicant does not need to be an artist to apply! Appreciators of arts are welcome.
HOW TO JOIN
• Complete the application form and supply:
• Two letters of recommendation (can be mailed separately from the application)
• Brief essay (500 words or less) that responds to the following prompts:
• Tell us about yourself
• Describe your interest in the arts
• Consider one issue affecting your community or peers that you would like to see change
• Discuss an experience you had working with a group. Describe the situation, any problems that arose, how they were resolved, and the outcome of the experience. What was your role in the group?
Application must be received by October 6, 2017. Applicants will then be contacted for interviews.
If accepted, participant must commit to weekly meetings on Wednesdays during the school year from October 2017 through May 2018 from 4:00–5:30pm each week.
The Everson Teen Arts Council is made possible through the generous support of the Allyn Family Foundation and The Syracuse City School District.